One of my favorite foods when I was a kid was my grandfathers fried bread. When we were out in remote or wilderness areas sometimes we would have fried bread for every meal.
- Mix flour and baking powder. Add water to make a soft dough. Pat dough out on a sheet of plastic wrap to about 1/2″ thick.
- Heat up about 1/4″ of oil or lard to medium heat in a cast iron or non stick pan.
- Cut dough into about 9 biscuits.
- Fry on one side until brown. Flip and cook about 2-3 minutes more. Test for doneness by flaking the side of a biscuit with a fork. If it seems dry inside it is done.
- Serve with butter and jam. Can also be used like regular biscuits and served with gravy or used to make breakfast for other style sandwiches.